The right to privacy, and more specifically, the right to protection of personal data is one of Menguy’s values.
The purpose of this policy is to explain how Menguy’s will handle the personal data that it collects from various forms that may be displayed on the pages of its website..
2. Commitment to privacy.
Menguy’s is fully committed to respecting the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation and the laws on the protection of personal data, including but not limited to law 78-17 of 6 January 1978 as modified by law no. 2004-801 of 6 August 2004 relating to information technology, data files and personal freedoms and law no. 2044-575 of 21 June 2004 concerning confidence in the digital economy.
We will only process data that is strictly necessary for the purposes about which you have been informed.
Wherever possible, we will provide you with the easiest means to check your personal data.
Your data will in no event be assigned, rented or provided to third parties as part of a service provision.
3. Purpose of the data processing.
We process your data in particular for the following reasons:
- To respond to your questions and requests made through the customer service, contact or press channels posted on each website and to contact you to deal with them;
- To manage and track online purchases;
- To manage, track and dispatch online orders;
- To create a personal account;
- To improve our website, services, products, and to provide the best possible service and content;
- To provide you with information if you are a distributor;
4. To send marketing messages.
As part of its marketing activities, Menguy’s may provide you with the means to subscribe to company newsletters and related commercial information. The sending of such messages is at all times subject to your consent to do so.
You may withdraw your consent at any time when you receive marketing messages, via the link or button enabled for this purpose in all messages or by expressing your desire to withdraw your consent through the following channels:
1/ A letter to Menguy’s SAS – 13-15, Rue Jean Monnet, 31240 Saint-Jean
2/ An email to menguys[a]menguys.fr
5. Processing time and retention period.
Menguy’s only processes personal data when it is really useful and enables it to provide you with a quality service by using them. Therefore, we make every effort to keep the personal data processing and retention periods as short as possible.
6. International transfers
As online sales are open to all, it is possible that the delivery service is carried out by service providers outside the territory of France or even from a country that is not part of the EU and therefore it is possible that your data may be processed outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
In any event, Menguy’s ensures that such processing is always protected by adequate safeguards, including the following :
– EU-approved standard clause: these are contracts approved by the European regulator that provide sufficient guarantees of compliance with the requirements established by the European General Data Protection Regulation.
– Third party certifications: framework agreements or agreements between the EU and other countries that establish a standardised framework for data processing in accordance with the requirements of the EU General Data Protection Regulation.
7. Exercice of rights and complaints to the competent authority.
The laws in force give you rights concerning the processing of personal data carried out by Menguy’s.
You can thus find below a summary explanation of each of your rights:
- Right of access : You have the right to know what personal data we process and the purposes for which we process it;
- Right to rectification : Your data belong to you and as such you can at any time request that it be rectified if the documents we hold are incorrect;
- Right to deletion : You may at any time request that your personal data be deleted from our files. However, as previously mentioned (see §5 “Processing time and retention period”), it should be remembered that, in certain circumstances, compliance with the laws in force may prevent the effective exercise of this right.
- Right to object : You may object to your personal data being processed in relation to any of the purposes for which we process it, in accordance with the privacy policies that may apply in each case.
- Right to restrict processing : You may request that processing be restricted in the following cases:
- If you consider that the data we hold about you is incorrect or inaccurate;
- If you believe that we are not processing data legitimately, you can request a limitation on the use of your data without deleting it;
- If the data we have stored is no longer needed for the purpose for which we collected it, but you need us to store it;
- If, having exercised your right to object to the processing of your data for a specific purpose, you expect a response from us in this respect;
- Right to data portability : Insofar as it is technically possible and reasonable, you have the right to request that the personal data you have provided directly to us be disclosed to another data controller. If possible, we would disclose your data directly to the said other data controller, but if this is not possible, we would provide it to you in a standard format.
Whenever we process your data based on your consent, you may withdraw it at any time, the only consequences for you, depending on the right exercised, will be that we will not be able to provide you with certain services.
You can exercise your rights by contacting Menguy’s by one of the following means, accompanied by a copy of a valid identity document:
(i). An email to menguys (a) menguys.fr
(ii). A letter to Menguy’s SAS – 13-15 rue Jean Monnet – 31240 Saint-Jean – France
Furthermore, if you wish to do so, you can contact our data protection officer at Menguy’s SAS – 13-15, rue Jean Monnet – 31240 Saint-Jean – France
In the event that you do not wish to exercise a specific right but need to make a request or suggestion regarding the processing of your personal data, you can also write to the addresses provided for the exercise of your rights.
In any event, you are reminded that you can file a complaint with the competent Authority on the protection of personal data if you believe that we have not processed your data lawfully or that we have ignored your requests or rights.
8. Data privacy and security.
Your personal data is very important to us and we undertake to treat it with the strictest confidentiality and discretion, as well as to implement all the security measures that we deem necessary and reasonable.
In this respect, Menguy’s declares and guarantees that it has implemented all the technical resources at its disposal to avoid the loss, misuse, modification, unauthorized access and theft of data provided by users.
9. Social media.
Social media are part of the daily life of many Internet users, so we created the company’s profile on various social networks.
All users can join the pages or groups that Menguy’s has on social networks.
However, we would remind you that, unless we directly request your personal data (e.g. via marketing campaigns), your personal data must belong to the corresponding social media.