Our recipe ideas
Brioche perdue with peanut butter, roasted hazelnuts and granny smith
Serves 4 :
160 g whole milk
25 g full cream
1 tbsp sugar
12 g butter
12 g vegetable oil (hazelnut, coconut, grapeseed, etc.)
1 brioche bun
2 granny apples
1 handful of crushed toasted hazelnuts
Brioche perdu with peanut butter
- Mix the whole milk, cream, egg and a tablespoon of peanut butter until smooth. Keep in a cool place.
- Cut the brioche into 2cm slices, soak them quickly into the mixture (1 return trip is enough), then drain.
- Brown the butter and oil in a hot pan, sprinkle with sugar and wait until it starts to caramelise. Place the buns in the pan and cook them on both sides until golden brown.
- Beforehand, wash the granny apples and cut them into thin wedges (around 2 cm). Heat 3-4 tablespoons of peanut butter in a bain-marie or in the microwave to make it more fluid.
- Place a slice of brioche on a plate, arrange the apple slices around it and pour the peanut butter over the top. Finish with a sprinkling of toasted hazelnuts and enjoy warm.
Menguy's little extra : Choose Creamy or Crunchy peanut butter to suit your taste!